Blue Ribbon Pasta Salad
Summary: “I beat out three generations of cooks to win the Blue Ribbon in the savory category of a bake-of with this recipe. Don’t be shocked that it has no meat in it. But, even meat eaters come back for thirds for this one.”
- 1 1⁄2 cups orzo pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, either freshly shaved or grated
- 1⁄2 cup chopped radicchio
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts, pumpkin seeds or pecan bits
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped Calamata olives
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients, stirring well to combine. Pepper to taste. Do not salt…there is a lot of salt in the cheese!
-Make sure you make this one day in advance…the flavor is 10 times better the next day, and the day after, and the day after and…ok…well…you get it.
Copyright © Cooper Boone.