Best Stuffed Corn Bread Muffins
Summary: “Perhaps my greatest invention.”
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk or buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups yellow corn meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, optional
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- Ingredients for Stuffing:
- 1 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease one jumbo muffin pan or
- “Texas” sized muffin tin. In a bowl cream oil and sugars. Beat in eggs, milk and salt. Mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder, cumin and cayenne pepper in another bowl. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture until well combined. Fold in zucchini (if using) and corn kernels.
- 2. In another bowl thoroughly mix cream cheese, cilantro, garlic powder, salt and pepper until well combined.
- 3. Spoon 1/3 cup of batter into each muffin tin. Scoop about 2 ounces of the cream cheese mixture and roll into the size of a golf ball, then place in the center of each tin. Pour more batter into each tin to fill almost to the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes until tops are golden brown.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Copyright © Cooper Boone.