Perfect Short Ribs
Summary: “This recipe goes down as my all time favorite. The aroma alone will make you do crazy illegal things!”
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 lbs short ribs
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup Burgundy wine (any deep red will do)
- 1 chipolte pepper in adobo
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place Dutch oven on cook top range, heat canola oil on high.
- Sear short ribs 2 minutes per side (they will look light brown and crusty). Set aside.
- On medium heat, add wine to remaining canola oil and drippings from ribs stirring for four minutes.
- Add onions, coffee, chipotle pepper, garlic and cinnamon and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place seared ribs directly into sauce/Dutch oven, cover and bake for three hours (if you don’t have a Dutch oven with cover, then tightly seal with aluminum foil).
- Allow ribs to set for 5 minutes before serving….if you can!
Number of servings (yield): 6
Copyright © Cooper Boone.