Coop’s Sticky Buns
Summary: “These are so amazing, Every single time I make these I get lots of extra love!”
- 1 loaf frozen white bread dough, thawed in refrigerator
- 5 tablespoons white flour, for dusting surface of rolling area
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 bag whole unsalted pecans
- Table salt (a sprinkle)
- Molasses (drizzle)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place frozen bread dough in a greased bowl covered by a cloth and let it “proof” overnight. In the morning it should be doubled.
- Roll out white bread dough on a lightly floured or greased surface to form a 15 by 7-inch rectangle.
- Spread ½ stick of the softened butter on the surface of the dough with a brush then spread evenly with ½ cup brown sugar and cinnamon on top.
- Roll dough into a log and cut log into 1-inch slices.
- Use a muffin/cupcake tin to bake the sticky buns. Grease each cup with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Use the remaining butter and place a dollop at the bottom of each tin, then sprinkle with ½ to 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and 3 to 4 pecans.
- Sprinkle a little salt and a wee drizzle of molasses in each cup, fill each with a dough slice and you are ready to ROCK!
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven when golden brown and FLIP THEM IMMEDIATELY onto a wire rack or cookie sheet. Serve warm.
Food for Thought:
-If you cannot find frozen bread loaf dough you can use frozen pizza dough. If you don’t have either get some pre-made cinnamon roles from your grocer.