Summary: “Perhaps the sweetest piggy I have ever tasted.”
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound thinly sliced bacon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a broiler pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, and position broiler rack on top of pan. Brush the rack with the vegetable oil.
- Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and garlic powder in a bowl, stirring to mix well. Coat each side of bacon firmly into the spiced sugar. Arrange the slices of bacon on top of the broiler rack in a single layer.
- Bake until the bacon is crisp and the sugar is bubbly, 16-18 minutes or until bacon is very dark and crispy. Transfer to paper towels to drain, then to a plate or serving dish to cool. (Can be made several hours ahead) Serve warm or at room temperature.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Copyright © Cooper Boone.