Coop’s Wonder Eggs
Summary: “This recipe was passed down to me from my mom who used to make this egg dish for us as a special treat when we were good kid. This is the perfect dish to make with the kids!”
- One red, one green and one yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
- One onion, coarsely chopped
- One loaf WHITE Wonder Bread…no crusts
- One dozen eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Saute peppers and onion until slightly undercooked. Set aside.
- In a greased baking dish, cover the bottom with Wonder Bread slices.
- Lightly whip eggs and milk and pour over bread pieces.
- One ingredient per line.
- Top with cooked peppers and onion, salt and pepper to taste, and then sprinkle with a thick layer of the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake until fluffy and slightly golden brown on top, approximately 40 minutes.
Food for Thought:
You should feel open to adding any options you want to this versatile dish. Try salsa on top with a dollop of sour cream. Add 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes to the egg mixture, pre-cooked bacon bits or sausage or even steamed broccoli and peas….endless possibilities. GET CREATIVE!
Copyright, 2010 Cooper Boone Inc.